Problems while installing via SqueakMap and also direct file-in

Nagy Attila attis at gizi.dote.hu
Mon May 1 10:45:30 UTC 2006

Dear list,

I use Squeak 3.8 update #6665. I very frequently encounter errors while
trying to install packages from SqueakMap. For example, say, I'd like to
install LifeMorph.

First, it complains that there's no published release for my version. No
surprise, as there are no published versions at all. I say Yes, try any
release. Now comes the complaint that there are no releases at all. Take
the last unpublished release? Yes, take it. The third complaint says
compatibility is not listed, so it may not work. Ok, proceed.

And now it says: "Error occured during install:
SMDefaultInstaller>>nonMultiSuffixes"

Let's open a debugger. It says the SMDefaultInstaller doesn't understand
#nonMultiSuffixes. What should I do?

The other error I frequently encounter is that ByteString doesn't
understand #fullName. I tried to install SqueakAmp by filing in its two
.cs files, and that's what I got. Again, what should I do?

Thanks for your help,

	Attis