Welcome to the "Beginners" mailing list

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Mon May 1 19:42:22 UTC 2006

Hello,

I like the tone of the welcome message but I feel the English is not
completely correct. Some native speaker please look into this.

line 2:
brlso> Squeak is a really cool and powerful environment but Smalltalk is an
                                                        ^^^
I think this should read ...  and (not but) Smalltalk is an elegant and powerful

Not sure about the next two ones.

brlso> elegant and powerful language, however it is different than
                                                              ^^^^
however it is different from (not than) traditional languages...?

brlso> traditional languages, so do not hesitate to ask questions. We will do
brlso> our best to answer them and to learn with you.
                                   ^^
omit the to?

brlso> We created this list so that any newcomers in squeak can dare to ask
brlso> all the questions they have, so enjoy it.

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net