Fun with Number readFrom: What should we do ?

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Mon May 1 20:06:01 UTC 2006

Le Lundi 01 Mai 2006 21:31, Andreas Raab a écrit :
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> The first step is to publish what you have in any place you have access
> to (or even via email) so we can test these changes and see if they work
> as advertised ;-) I'm looking forward to throw a few of my test cases at
> the parser and see if they come out correctly.
>
> Cheers,
>    - Andreas

OK i simply attach the prototype in this e-mail.

There is still work and cleaning needing to be done.
I did not create the NumberParserException,
some methods are unused and some redundant.
Proper comments are sometimes lacking.
ArbitraryPrecisionFloat needs more TestCase.

Major unfinished work lie in failure cases of Bellerophon: it will halt before
using AlgorithmR, which is not tested yet. Let me know if you encounter the
halt, i didn't yet.

SqNumberParserTest is a copy of NumberParsingTest for the interim (i did not
overide Number>>readFrom: yet).

No method is overriden by the changeSet.

You can give it a try and perhaps fix some holes i did miss in my
implementation.

Le Lundi 01 Mai 2006 20:59, Milan Zimmermann a écrit :
> Nicolas,
>
> This looks great, thanks for your description here. (and fwiw, I'd say yes
> to puting it on Impara and also yes to your D) item)

I am in favour of D) also, but did nothing about it yet...

Nicolas