Confusion with instances and events

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon May 1 20:13:45 UTC 2006

On 5/1/06, Cowdery, Bob [UK] <Bob.Cowdery at cgi-europe.com> wrote:

>  I have some other components which are created like so in the workspace
> 'SDRButtonContainer newWithInteractors: (SDRFilterButtonBox new).'. This
> simply has a class initialise which takes a bunch of buttons. Odd thing is
> the events work here but 'SDRButtonContainer allInstances' still gives me
> nothing. I don't know therefore if these things are linked or separate
> problems.

There isn't enough information for me to figure out your main problem, but I
think I know this one.

I bet that newWithInteractors: does not actually create an instance of
SDRButtonContainer.  You say it "ismply has a class initialise" so I think
you are just storing the arguments in a variable of the class, but do not
actually create an instance of the class.  Note that SDRButtonContainer is a
class, it is not itself a SDRButtonContainer.  So, it has not instances and
allInstances SHOULD return nothing.

In general, we will need more info to debug this.  Give more code.

-Ralph