Traits for modularity (was: Re: Peeping At The KeyHole)

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Tue May 2 10:52:10 UTC 2006

Hi Andreas,

Your point of view is very interesting.

Can we imagine a system where user specifies a minimal set of features, that
is a list of classes and protocols (i mean traits), and then where dependency
on other classes and traits is automatically infered ?

As not statically typed, i'am not sure that this is ever possible, but some
tools might assist the user in selecting...

I did not have time to test Spoon until now, but that may well be a pragmatic
answer taking the reverse problem...

Maybe a mixture of two approches make sense ?

Nicolas