headless squeak for nslu2?

Brian Zhou b88zhou at gmail.com
Tue May 2 18:02:36 UTC 2006

Torsten Sadowski <moehl <at> akaflieg.extern.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> the nslu2 seems also to be supported by the openembedded project. I did
> get the system to compile a 3.4 VM for the Simpad and intended to port the
> 3.8 VM for Qt (Opie) and for fbdev but this is currently on hold due to
> massive timeout problems (my time) and autoconf difficulties.
>
> Torsten

The nslu2 port I did is for optware running unslung firmware. My only two slugs
are running unslung fw and debian respectively. When I get my third slug, I'll
probably run the openslug fw.

We often trade recipes for cross-compilations between optware and openslug. So
it should not be that difficult to create a .bb file. That would probably open a
wider door to more devices.

-Brian Zhou