wxSqueak on OS X 10.4.6

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Thu May 4 05:23:32 UTC 2006

Returning to interest in Squeak after a somewhat prolonged absence,
I'm trying to get wxSqueak to work on my OS X box running 10.4.6. I
keep getting a freeze after launching where the beach ball spins and
spins and Squeak becomes non-responsive and must be force quit.

I've been dialoging with the developer, Rob Gayvert, who was even
kind enough to put together a special download just for me that had
all the essentials in the right place. Still a no-go.

I have wxPython installed on this system and I'm wondering if perhaps
I'm encountering a conflict wherein wxSqueak is not finding the
correct wxWidgets stuff and/or the wrong version and just halting.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

Thanks.
Dan Shafer