Error: You have reached the size limit of the changes file.

John Pierce john at pierce.name
Fri May 5 14:25:42 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I wonder if there is a plan to remove this "640K" barrier in a future
edition of Squeak?

I really like Squeak, but after I load all my favorite packages I have
little room left in the Changes file myself. And no, I am not going to
stop having so many favorite packages. The general trend is that I
keep writing more code and finding more packages on my favorites list.
;-)

Cheers,

John

On 5/5/06, Frank Urbach <frank.urbach at schmees.com> wrote:
> Hi Radouane,
>
> I think you get some trouble with the size of the sourcefile. If the information
> in my head is right you can save 32MB.
> In my opinion you should condense your source. Before you start this, fileIn the
> fix for this from http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3458. Andreas was running in
> trouble using: Smalltalk condenseSources. preparing the new Croquet 1.0 Beta.
> After fileIn that fix you can use the line above.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Cheers,
>   Frank
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Now I Have another failure, and I don't Know what that mean, have
> > someone an Idea.
> >  when I try to save my code I get this failure.
> > Squeak make me to time so crazy :-(!
> > Thanks,
> > Radouane
> > Error: You have reached the size limit of the changes file.
> > You must take action now to reduce it.
> > Close this error.  Do not attempt to proceed.
> > 5 May 2006 3:35:18 pm
> >
> > VM: Win32 - a SmalltalkImage
> > Image: Squeak3.8 [latest update: #6665]
> >
> > SecurityManager state:
> > Restricted: false
> > FileAccess: true
> > SocketAccess: true
> > Working Dir C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\radouane\Desktop\02.05
> > Trusted Dir C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\radouane\Desktop\02.05\radouane
> > Untrusted Dir C:\My Squeak\radouane
> >
> > CompiledMethod(Object)>>error:
> >     Receiver: a CompiledMethod (3558)
> >     Arguments and temporary variables:
> >         aString:     'You have reached the size limit of the changes file.
> > You must take ac...etc...
> >     Receiver's instance variables:
> > a CompiledMethod (3558)
> >
> > CompiledMethod>>checkOKToAdd:at:
> >     Receiver: a CompiledMethod (3558)
> >     Arguments and temporary variables:
> >         size:     31
> >         filePosition:     34051743
> >         fileSizeLimit:     33554432
> >         margin:     100000

progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw