How to Fade-In/Fade-Out a Sampled/Repeating/Mixed Sound

Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM
Fri May 5 21:11:59 UTC 2006

Hi Rob,

If you try this:

        snd := (SampledSound fromWaveFileNamed: 'aWAVFile.wav').
        snd addEnvelope: (VolumeEnvelope exponentialDecay: 0.96).
        snd play.

You will hear the effect of the envelope, as desired.

This:

        snd storeWAVOnFileNamed: ' out.wav'.

should have done what you want, but obviously it does not.  I have spent a
little time tracking this, but I haven't found the problem yet.

I will send another reply when I figure this out (maybe today, or later
this weekend).

        -Dean

"Rob Rothwell" <r.j.rothwell at gmail.com>
Sent by: squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org
05/03/2006 10:25 PM
Please respond to rjriv; Please respond to The general-purpose Squeak
developers list