how to set the cursor position in TextMorph

Celal Ziftci cziftci2 at uiuc.edu
Wed May 10 14:40:49 UTC 2006

Hi Frank,
I think I'm getting the meaning of cursor wrong.
So basicly what I want to do is the following. I want to set the caret position in the textmorph using some smalltalk code instead of using the mouse.
As an example, assume I have the following text in a textmorph and | is the place my caret is currently at:

smallt|alk

Now I want to move the caret to another place like:

sm|alltalk

but not by clicking there, using some code instead.
Is this possible at all? Do I need to imitate firing an event (something like mouse down event)?
Thanks for any help.

- Celal Ziftci