Simplified Chinese support

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Thu May 11 07:28:57 UTC 2006

  Hello,

  I finally got around to start the Chinese support.  Kelvin Chang
informed me (5 months ago, actually) the bitmap fonts for Simplified
Chinese and I hacked the Squeak code a little to support it.  I spent
two hours or so and this is where I am.

  The metric for some punctuation characters doesn't look
right... That is the way the metric is specified for these characters.
I wonder if I should hand-modify them or not...

  I'll look into the text input as well and hopefully have something
testable by the weekend.

  More to come, and I'll ask some help for the test.

-- Yoshiki