Issues creating instance of SmallInteger

Michel Calonne Michel.Calonne at etu.univ-savoie.fr
Fri May 12 15:32:47 UTC 2006

Hello,
I've got a problem creating objects via this sample of code:
(Smalltalk at: #AClassName) new
The problem is that, when trying to create an instance of SmallInteger, it raises an error :
"SmallIntegers can only be created by performing arithmetic"...
If somebody can tell me why it isn't possible to create a SmallInteger like this, and give me a way to do it, I'd appreciate...
And are there other classes behaving the same way? So that I can take them in account in my code.

Thank you for reading this!