Integrating the TracingMessageBrowser to the standard image

Duncan Mak duncanmak at gmail.com
Wed May 17 16:44:20 UTC 2006

Hello,

On 5/17/06, Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello Zulq,
>

> ZA>     - Look at more than one method at the same.
> ZA>     - Edit more than one method at the same time.
> ZA>     - Show how code is related by spatial relation to other code.
>
> all three in the TracingMessagesBrowser. I usually have two of them
> open. Indentation of the control flow, one algorithm in one window,
> even if it spans 20 methods in 10 classes.
>
> I prefer it to a folding text editor, because everything that is
> related to the thing I'm developing is in that single Browser. No way
> to do this with files.

Based on your recommandation, I installed the TMB on my 3.9 image.
It's a bit of a hassle to see all those 'ma' methods from magma, but
the functionality of the TMB is brilliant. It integrates very nicely
into the existing tools, and the way it works fits very nicely with
how the message browser already works in the standard image. I really
like it, thanks for your tip!

I nominate adding the TMB into the default image, what work is needed
to be done to get that in 3.9?

Duncan.