Whither Squeak?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat May 20 05:07:09 UTC 2006

On 19-May-06, at 8:54 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:

> Similarly, the well-intentioned modularization of the system would
> lead
> a newcomer to conclude that the entire object memory, virtual machine,
> and interpreter were recently created by someone with the initials
> 'tpr'.
> Worthy initials indeed, but rather misleading when the version
> histories
> show no prior authors.
Well, much as I like credit for what I do, losing the version history
is a real bummer. I like to know who to blame for each previous
change. One of the few things I dislike about MC is the lack of
version history included in the package info.

How did we lose the info? It doesn't seem to be the basic mechanism
at fault because I see versions of stuff I've been working on today,
for example. Hmm, that's a 3.8 based image so clearly it is not a
completely recent thing.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Sona si Latine loqueris = Honk if you speak
Latin.