Whither Squeak?

Wolfgang Helbig helbig at Lehre.BA-Stuttgart.DE
Sat May 20 07:19:31 UTC 2006

Cees,

you made a great suggestion:

>Personally, though, I think that this could be surved best by a
>central repository - the Squeak Museum - where every version of every
>method is kept. Add a menu option 'show versions in museum', and
>you're there.

I'd visit that museum a lot. And more so if the root is Smalltalk-80 V2.
And much more so if the museum contained some snapshots and sources files from
the past, like from Smalltalk-80 V2. And some virtual machines running on
contemporary platforms, that can read those ancient snapshots, like Hobbes. And
some virtual machines that can save those images as well, like ???.

Greetings
Wolfgang

PS: Only the second part from Dieter Rahm's motto in my signature applies to
this wish list. :-) (in English it says "less but better")

--
Weniger, aber besser.