CNR Warehouse > Home & Education > Teaching Tools > Squeak

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sun May 21 18:50:52 UTC 2006

Hi Brad,

on Sun, 21 May 2006 19:59:29 +0200, Brad Fuller <brad at sonaural.com> wrote:

> Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>> List,
>> have a look at
>> - http://www.google.com/search?q=squeak+smalltalk+linspire
>> Free to CNR Warehouse Members (CNR Service $19.95/yr. CNR Gold Service
>> $49.95/yr.)
>> Who says that people cannot make money by *selling* Squeak?
>>

> In addition to promoting it as a educational tool, another way of
> promoting squeak would be to offer it under the guise of a website
> creation tool.
> Internet service developers really want an edge on their competition,
> seaside provides a new fresh approach.
>
> Seaside has had nothing but praise from what I've seen. Why not use this
> energy for it's own promotion? What would come along for the ride is the
> acceptance of smalltalk as a viable development and production tool.

Yes, good idea. But such an undertaking needs some 3-10M$ (or EUR) for
nothing but marketing (read: not one new line of code needs to be written,
except for producing marketing material=multimedia authoring). This is
what new economy dictates. Not that I think that it is impossible, you
know. Does anybody in this list happen to know U.S. investors or perhaps
business angles?

/Klaus