[PROJECT PROPOSAL] - "Squeak Fenestra"

Viktor Svub gilrandir at centrum.cz
Tue May 23 08:44:25 UTC 2006

I was kind of planning to build on top od Ffenestri, the 'to-do' list i
posted is a worst-case scenario (without considering what has been
already done). The main issue in this case is: afaik Ffenestri now works
only on Mac, and i have no possibility to even try and see how it works,
not talking about developing on this platform (i really don't like the
idea working on somehing I can't see working). So the plan still is ->
reusing as much things as possible, but building on/for accessible
platforms (linux/win32) and with focus on my ideas of the functionality.
Still i'm not saying this will not end up as a part/ enhancement/
continuation of Ffenestri.
Another issue is my english - maybe i'm not completely able co present
what i think, so: "altering BitBlt" and "platform dependent wrappers"
means only that these thing sould be considered, but i don't know enough
about them yet. I'm planning to make as little as possible (if any)
changes to Squeak as it is now, and i want this to be as much portable
as possible, but without throwing some platform specific functionality
away (thats why i'm considering a rather robust and complex API,
providing transparent access to any functionality available on the
platform the image is running on).

Viktor