wxSqueak

SmallSqueak smallsqueak at rogers.com
Tue May 23 18:17:33 UTC 2006

Rob Gayvert wrote:

> As for (C), are you asking whether
> the main Squeak window can be closed?
> At present this isn't possible in the normal development environment,
> but as a runtime option you can run headless.

    I am referring to the top world morph occupying the whole root
    window and reponding to the mouse clicks.

> Saving wx windows in the image is flaky in 0.4.1, and only applies to
> windows created using the MVP framework; e.g., WxBrowserPresenter, but
> not WxDemoFrame. At startup, WxTopLevelPresenter attempts to restore
> windows whose XRC content was stored.
>
> The next version (0.5) will be based on Squeak 3.9 and wxWidgets 2.6.3.

    I am looking forward to wxSqueak 0.5.

    My goal is to have wxSqueak starting up with just a System Browser
    in wxWindow, no morphic windows at all.

    BTW, do you have a timeline for wxSqueak 0.5?

    Thanks for making wxSqueak available.

    Cheers,

    SmallSqueak