Challenges -- Who's havesting fixes.

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed May 24 08:22:55 UTC 2006

Hi andreas

> Hi Stef -
>
> First, I'm not sure what you mean by "bashing". Really, if I bash
> something or someone it looks usually quite different from what I
> wrote.

Indeed, I know you! and you know me so I was overreacting as usual.

> I would even go as far and claim that what I wrote is something
> that you could probably relate to if you were trying to do some
> package maintenance independent from the image maintenance.
>
> But since you asked let's stay calm and look at a few things: For
> one thing, I have not seen any message asking about new versions
> recently; the last time I saw a message where you asked for it
> (http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2006-
> January/099843.html) I responded quite explicitly pointing to the
> latest versions (http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-
> dev/2006-January/099871.html) If there has been anything in the
> meantime please point me to it.

I could not find the email I (dreamed) sent

I could only find that:
From: 	  stephane.ducasse at univ-savoie.fr
	Subject: 	[ANN] 3.9 beta is out
	Date: 	4 mai 2006 23:13:47 HAEC
	To: 	  squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org

Here is the beta version of 3.9
What should we do now:

	- harvest fixes for MC for some little bugs with traits
	- harvest fixes of traits
	- put back backwards compatible canUnderstand: and respondTo:
	- test and fix all the tests :) (this is a call)
	- harvest all fixes that will come
 >>>	- integrate all the package team work
	- remove the ToolsPlus
	- and everything I forgot