Smalltalk: Requiem or Resurgence? Push for business application

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Wed May 24 14:29:32 UTC 2006

I had not considered WideString, my concern is mostly for the reading and
writing of human readable files.  Collections should write to a file with
the proper separators for the current platform inserted between items.  When
reading a human readable file it should parse the string so that either each
line for the platform becomes an item on a collection or you should get a
string that is has a cr between lines replacing the source separators as
necessary.

My belief is that helper methods here will help to explain the different
streams; how they are tied to individual platforms, and will help to lower
the cost of entry for working with files.

Ron Teitelbaum