The original Squeak release is available under APSL2.

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at tx.technion.ac.il
Thu May 25 18:14:14 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

As Andreas demonstrated, it is not obvious that you can relicense code
you've written just because you wish to. If you were employed at the
time of writing the code, it may (or may not) be copyright your
employer, and in some countries this is the case by default.

Sounds to me like gathering all the employment dates of everyone on the
wiki might be a bit too public, what do people think? I was just
starting to make a page to gather this information when the thought
occurred to me...

A question to the board: do you agree this would be a good time to get
detailed legal advice on how to go about relicensing the rest of Squeak
so that the move is legally valid?

Daniel