About Smacc

Andrew P. Black black at cs.pdx.edu
Fri May 26 00:58:24 UTC 2006

Let me try and re-ask this question.  (Maybe this is Sebastien's
problem, maybe not).  It's certainly mine ;-)

I've downloaded SmaCC from Squeakmap. I've gone through the
calculator tutorial (very nice) and generated a scanner and parser
(two classes, CalculatorScanner and CalulatorParser).  There are also
nice examples StScanner and StParser.  I can run them in the UI
tool.  So far, so good.

I am completely at a loss to know how to use the Scanner and the
Parser from other code.  I remember having the same problem with TGen
years ago, and eventually giving up.  The generated code has no
obvious entry point ...

I tried STParser parseMethod: sourceString and got an immediate
walkback.  The answer is probably obvious when you know, but it is
decidedly NON-obvious when you don't.  Can someone help?  Better
still, can someone put this information in the documentation.

	Andrew