Rescue of forgiven nice orphans

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Fri May 26 06:29:57 UTC 2006

Hi Edgar,

Let me first describe some history, what I know about MathMorphs (not
much :-( ) etc. I discovered them some 3 years ago, I completely loved the
page, but never found time really even try - I subscribed to the maling list,
but by that time, it was already quiet. I occasionally visited the home page

http://mate.dm.uba.ar/~caniglia/mathMorphs.html

in a hope that will come to life, but it sounds it needs a respirator help :)

In your previous email I think you asked if someone has some older code for
it, I do not unfortunately.

For my benefit, let me start with some categorizing what projects I see on the
home page:

	1) Linear Algebra (several versions it seems)
	2) ModularInteger
	3) MonomialOrderings / Algebraic Geometry
	4) PhysicsMorphs
	5) MetricSpaces
	6) Fibbonaci
	7) SEquences
	8) Function Plotter
	9) Projective Geometry
	10) Converter to TeX
	11) Dan Ingalls "MathMorphs Compatibility package"
	12) Graphs and Turing Machines
	13) Finite Groups
	14) Sturm Plotter
	15) Vibrating Strings Morph
	16) Algebraic Geometry (related to 3?)
	17) Probablilities

A few questions:
	- Sounds like you said there is some source you are looking for - does that
mean there is some stuff out there more up to date than on the page?
	- Do you have a list of what projects you tried, which seem to load, which
work (partly/fully), which do not, etc?
	- Sounds like you are running it in your minimal 3.9 version, is it possible
to download it somewhere?
	- How do MorphicWrappers come into the picture - Is it perhaps a version of
11) above?
	- Do you know if the original authors still do Squeak or are available ...

Maybe we can evaluate the above packages as to their status in 3.9 as
non-loadable/loadable/not-working/working and work towards fixing that
according to each one's interest?

Let me know what you think, Milan

PS: We can continue outside of the list to not clutter it much...

PS: I will probably have some occasional time and hopefully more over the
summer, so it would be fun project...