[Q] What is Mondrian?

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Nov 2 08:34:25 UTC 2006

Hello Sungjin,

SC> During following links in weekly squeak news, I found that on Lukas's
SC> MC, there's project called Mondrian. I, now being very curious on this
SC> :-), ask that what this project is for?

If I got it right, you take a collection of objects and a smalltalk
script which creates a graphic from properties of the objects.

Very impressive. An example was shown how to generate a UML Diagram
from a bunch of classes. (so the collection contained classes in this
case). It took very few lines of script to do this.

A little change made the graph colour by method length.

What came to my mind was data mining using mondrian.

Actually I didn't get it all but I took a strong note that I have to
look into mondrian one day.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net