New source pointers: does anyone know what is happening in ClassDescription>fileOutChangedMessages:on:moveSource:toFile: ?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Nov 5 13:17:43 UTC 2006

Am 05.11.2006 um 06:59 schrieb tim Rowledge:

> I see a very puzzling method.  The class organisations name is
> checked to see if it starts with '*' and ends with '-override'.
> Does anyone know why?

Hah! It only assures correct working of the even more puzzling
PackageInfo>>changeRecordForOverriddenMethod: method after condensing ;)

See

	http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=2514

The proper test would be using PackageInfo>>isOverrideMethod:, but
that would introduce a cross-package dependency. Also, it should only
preserve the most recent versions of each overriding package, but I
couldn't be bothered to implement this, so I simply retain all the
history.

Anyway, if you dabble in that are, a comment might be in order ...

- Bert -