[ANN] basic Morphic package for the KernelImage

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Nov 7 10:20:58 UTC 2006

Klaus D. Witzel puso en su mail :

> Hi Pavel,
>
> is there a way to determine that the running .image is KernelImage or not?
> If not already, what would be a reliable question (Smalltalk at:
> #Bootstrap ifAbsent: nil) for example.
>
> This is perhaps useful for conditioning package sources when installing
> into KernelImage.

In Pavel's
SystemVersion current version 'Squeak3.9gamma'

In SqueakLight I do

SystemVersion newVersion: 'SqueakLight'
SystemVersion current resetHighestUpdate.
SystemVersion current highestUpdate: 390

In my .sar compatibles between 3.9 and SqueakLight I do for example:

Smalltalk version  = 'SqueakLight' ifTrue:[ self fileInMemberNamed:
'MixedCurves.2.cs'.
    self fileInMemberNamed: 'MinimalSound.2.cs'].

So we need an agreement on naming the version and set the update number
I propose MinimalSqueak and 7200 for do room on "normal" Squeak 3.9

Edgar