Doc Team Monthly report

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 22:22:05 UTC 2006

There are currently 3 active members of the Documentation Team.
What have we been up to?

Matthew Fulmer:

I am working on Swiki organization. I have been digging through
all the obscure pages on the Swiki, and either recycling them or
refactoring them into more useful documents, and making
cross-references between documents. I have halted work on my
quick-start tutorial while I do on Swiki refactoring.

More information at: http://wiki.squeak.org/5868

Derek O'Connell:

Derek is working on some demo's and tutorials in Morphic and
croquet. So far, he has a mostly finished Morphic Demo (a stock
market leader board), and partial demo's in Croquet and RSS
parsing:
http://wiki.squeak.org/5884

Aaron Reichow:

1.  I've been working on a couple Morphic tutorials, geared more
towards people who want to just write a more traditional kind of
application.  One that is almost done is a simple Currency Converter-
this seems to be a common example, so it seemed like a good way to
compare Squeak + Morphic to other languages and GUI toolkits. I also
began a tutorial on building a simple calculator in Morphic.

2. I just started a new tutorial for Genie. I've always found the
extant documentation a little lacking, especially for people new to
it, though maybe not Squeak.  It walks one through defining strokes
and associating a gesture dictionary with certain classes of morphs.
It is full of screenshots, which the other Genie documentation I've
seen does not have.

We keep a blog/diary of our activities. Currently, only Matthew
Fulmer updates it:
http://wiki.squeak.org/812

--
Matthew Fulmer