Games with Squeak

Francisco Garau francisco.garau at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 00:53:31 UTC 2006

> Great, updated the SDL page on the swiki with this info, and made a
> link from the game programming page:
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5891
>
> Anyone knows if previous work on SDL-bindings is available somewhere?
> Would be useful as a reference.

Reda Forth is using SDL for doing all the rendering. It might be a good
reference starting point.

    http://www.geocities.com/redaforth/reda4pc.zip

I am also attaching the source code files where SDL is being referenced
(comments are in Spanish, but Diego won't have a problem with that).

Umhhh, now I understand why it Reda4 looked so bad on a double monitor...

if(!(gr_screen=SDL_SetVideoMode(1024,768,32,SDL_DOUBLEBUF|SDL_FULLSCREEN)))
//if(!(gr_screen=SDL_SetVideoMode(800,600,16,SDL_SWSURFACE|SDL_DOUBLEBUF|SDL_FULLSCREEN)))
//if(!(gr_screen=SDL_SetVideoMode(640,480,32,SDL_DOUBLEBUF|SDL_FULLSCREEN)))
  return -1;

Cheers,
Francisco