[ANN] Toothpick

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Nov 14 08:09:11 UTC 2006

Hi!

First a question - your post is in base64 encoding which my Celeste has
real trouble with. At least it gets formatted like crap when viewing it
and reply does not work at all. Perhaps I should try a new Celeste. Is
this some kind of standard setting in your email client?

Secondly, you wrote:

There is a small package called syslog on SqueakSource [1] that does
logging to syslog (via UDP).
SyslogToothpick provides a Toothpick adapter.
SyslogFFI uses the syslog system call via FFI (likely only works on my machine).
SyslogFFIToothpick provides a Toothpick adapter for it.

They are not really tested and likely contain bugs.

Cool! I should take a look at that.

regards, Göran

PS. Added simple log rotation to Q2LogFile yesterday. :) Unless someone
else does it I should repackage Q2Log as a separate logging package, it
is small, neat and quite useful IMHO. Gotta sit down and compare it with
Toothpick though.