Colored TTF rendering

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Nov 15 08:17:01 UTC 2006

http://hedgehog.software.umn.edu:8888/Homebase/Multilingual-ar.17.mcz

>> This fix speeds up colored text rendering with TTFs by up to an order of
>> magnitude and might be worthwhile to port it back to 3.9 if anyone is
>> interested.
>
> I'll give it a try.

Good luck. The changes itself shouldn't be too hard to integrate (just
look at a diff to the prior version) but I'm not sure what has changed
in 3.9 itself. And of course getting the load-order to work is a pain.
This may actually require backporting a few changes from Monticello
(same repository).

Cheers,
   - Andreas