Squeak Board Elections 2007

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at techunix.technion.ac.il
Wed Nov 15 18:42:05 UTC 2006

Hi everyone, 2007 is growing near, and with it our elections - last
year's took place in February. There is no set time line yet, but one of
the conclusions from last time is that the elections take quite a bit of
time to unfold. So the beginning of the timeline is not very far off.

Before that happens, we might do well to consider how things went the
previous time, and what we should change. For example, in a thread
titled "Election results" Ron mentioned he would have preferred a bit
more campaigning for candidates (by themselves and by others), and some
agreed. I for one would certainly be happy if we had a significantly
higher ratio of candidates to positions this year.

Of course we now have a years worth of experience with one elected
board. Has this time affected how you think the elections should run?
has it affected what you think the board members you elect should do?

Dear Board - I'm sure both the voters and particularly potential
candidates would love to hear your point of view as well.

Now's the time to start talking about the elections.

Daniel Vainsencher
Elections team leader