Cyrillic on Linux? Please help.

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Thu Nov 16 10:32:26 UTC 2006

Hi malex,

you can find all that was discussed (incl. typing russian, IMHO) yourself
by query

- http://www.google.com/search?q=russian+site:lists.squeakfoundation.org

This way you dont have to wait and can perhaps refer to a related
discussion.

HTH.

/Klaus

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 11:23:55 +0100, malex wrote:

> Bert,
>
>   I'm sorry for asking dumb question but I'm new to Squeak and Smalltalk
> in general so it's hard for me to find out how to output Unicode string
> quickly.
> Could you please type the line that prints Unicode output so I could try
> it
> in the Workspace. Thanks a lot!
>

> Bert Freudenberg-2 wrote:
>>
>> First, make sure output works, that is, you can actually display
>> cyrillic glyphs. Look up the unicode code points, hand-assemble a
>> string, and display it using your font.
>>
>> On Nov 16, 2006, at 10:00 , malex wrote:
>>

>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>>   Cannot make Squeak accept Cyrillic symbols under Linux (Ubuntu,
>>> LANG=en_AU.UTF-8). Please help!!! :)
>>> If it does not work we won't be able to continue using Squeak :(
>>>
>>>   Tried the following:
>>> 1. Installed ttfFontReaderRefactored from SqueakMap.
>>> 2. Installed RussianSupport from SqueakSource via Monticello.