[Tentative] MinimalMorphic.7201.zip

Pavel Krivanek squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz
Thu Nov 16 13:53:40 UTC 2006

On 11/16/06, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> Pavel Krivanek puso en su mail :
>
> > there's preamble and postscript in your package
>
> Oh , yes. A experimental form of.
>
> I still working on copy from ChangeSet and from Sar. Afraid I should mess
> with PackageInfo and Monticello for doing
>
> As with .sar you could do any arbitrary code (and no code as picts, sound,
> morphs, objects) , still I don't understand why bother on Monticello.
> IMHO 3.9 history probe what it's not ready for .image building process.

at least version control and squeaksource are good arguments for it

> > > The final images
> > > should be created and published by automatical test&build server that
> > > will use MC repository.
> >
> > IMHO don't think what could made a complete realease without manual tweaks.
>
> >we will see... it would be nice
>
> You have that .image what could accept remote changes/ etc ?
> Some MinimalMorphic + Comanche and some RemoteFoo classes ?

the server should do this:
- take 3.9 image and shrink it or take KernelImage
- install latest primitive packages
- install latest tests for it
- test it
- install latest minimal morphic
- install latest test for it
- test it
- install latest next packages
- install latest test for it
- prepare some report
- publish the final image
this should be driven from some external script

> Agree on having TrashCanMorph in MinimalMorphic ?

No, trash is dependent on BookMorph.
MinimalMorphic ~= minimal morphic practical image

-- Pavel