[Q] Scrollable cursor with PostgresV2 / current Glorp version for Squeak

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 18 16:11:01 UTC 2006

>From: Yanni Chiu <yanni at rogers.com>
>To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
>Subject: Re: [Q] Scrollable cursor with PostgresV2 / current Glorp version
>for   Squeak
>Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 21:48:32 -0500
>
> > Anyway the current PostgresV2 interface could be easily enhanced with >
>scrollable cursors. If I will use PostgeSQL for persistency I would
> > try...
>
>It would be a nice framework to have available. I'm not sure
>it should be part of the postgres interface though, since it
>ought to be useable with any RDB that supports cursors.

I second this.  Is there a generic interface for RDB's in squeak?  If not,
that would be a good project and cursers could be supported in the back end
DB's that support them, and maybe later they could be simulated in the DB's
that don't. This is how I have seen it done in other DB interfaces from a
few other languages.