[ANN] stable package universe for 3.9

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 20 19:10:44 UTC 2006

>From: "Philippe Marschall" <philippe.marschall at gmail.com>
>To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers
>list"<squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
>Subject: Re: [ANN] stable package universe for 3.9
>Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:50:35 +0100
>
>Pier and Seaside can be just loaded from Monticello, as it should be.
>Nothing else is possible since they are developed using Monticello.
>
>However:
>- They get updated regularly, sometimes several times a week.
>- The loading might include some gui interaction (asking for passwords
>and stuff)
>- They have a large list of depencies, that's what the scripts are for.

It is this last one that made me think these packages could benefit greatly
from being part of the universe system.  Then instead of having to keep your
dependencies up to date with a script you could do it in the universe system
and perhaps that system could help manage it a bit.  It's not that I think
the current method is broken, just that it could be easier.