Broken SqueakSource?

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Mon Nov 20 20:35:12 UTC 2006

Ron Teitelbaum wrote:
> ...   I have no idea
> how people use Monticello without using Monticello Configurations!

I used MCC for a while, but I couldn't figure out how to
set up Apache to allow upload of .mcz's, and MCC did not
work properly for directory repositories. Also, I didn't
want to keep a squeaksource image up and running all the
time. So, I just stopped building from scratch - temporarily.

I use a pre-built base image to do builds from. The last
time I updated it was when I moved from 3.7 to 3.8. It
basically has Postgres and Seaside.

Just recently, I needed to do build & release better,
so I just run a script (see below) in my pre-built image.

install
   | repo |

   repo := MCDirectoryRepository new directory: (FileDirectory on: 'Y:\mc').
   #(
     'SeasideMods-yj.1.mcz'
     'ImageExtensions-yj.4.mcz'
     "..."
   ) do: [:fn | (repo versionFromFileNamed: fn) load].

When I got tired of typing in version numbers, I wrote:

installLatest
   | packageNames allFileNames repo |

   packageNames := #(
     'SeasideMods' 'ImageExtensions'
     "..."
     ).

   repo := MCDirectoryRepository new directory: (FileDirectory on: 'Y:\mc').
   allFileNames := repo directory fileNamesMatching: '*.mcz'.

   packageNames collect: [:each | | max fileName |
     max := 0.
     (allFileNames select: [:fn | each, '-*' match: fn]) do: [:entry |
       (entry findBetweenSubStrs: #($.)) allButLast last asInteger > max
ifTrue: [fileName := entry]].
     Transcript cr; show: fileName.
     (repo versionFromFileNamed: fileName) load.
   ].