Broken SqueakSource?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Nov 20 21:52:31 UTC 2006

Ralph Johnson wrote:
> I've used MC for small projects, but never used configurations.  Did
> they even exist in 3.8?  This is the first I've heard about them.

MCC's were originally developed and used in Tweak (which is 3.8-based).

> Since I've used Envy and Store, it is pretty easy to guess what they
> are for.  But it would be nice to have a little documentation.  I
> found some e-mail and blog posts discussing MC configurations, but no
> real documentation.

The closest to documentation is probably here:
   http://tweak.impara.de/ABOUT/FAQ/#Q4A
   http://tweak.impara.de/ABOUT/FAQ/MCConfigurationUpdates/

> 3.9 comes with a MC Configuration editor, so I am guessing that
> configurations are fairly new.  It would be hard to figure it out by
> trial and error.  The 3,9 MC user interface is wretched.  It is much
> harder to figure out than the old interface.  The MC user interface in
> 3,7 and 3.8 was not great, but not bad.  The UI in 3.9 is not only
> ugly, it is confusing.  I gave up on it.

I haven't looked closely at 3.9 but is there even a significant
difference between the UI in 3.8 and 3.9?

Cheers,
   - Andreas