[ANN] stable package universe for 3.9

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 21 18:04:12 UTC 2006

>From: Lex Spoon <lex at cc.gatech.edu>
>To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
>Subject: Re: [ANN] stable package universe for 3.9
>Date: 21 Nov 2006 11:26:36 +0100
>
>Things like this are certainly possible.  For example, it would be
>great if SqueakSource had a button you could press to post a
>package-universes release.
>
>I agree.  Ideas?  Unfortunately, my Squeak coding time is pretty
>limited these days, but then again Smalltalk is dense enough that many
>workable solutions just take a few lines of code....

If you publish something to squeak map do you have to go to the SqueakSource
web page?  If that is the case then I think your idea above about the
SqueakSource web site could be a really convenient way to do this.

For each package, the site could show the universes that package is a part
of.  If you publish a new version and you have universes defined then it
could ask you if you want to publish to those universes.  This will probably
take a bit of coding, but maybe it could get universes used more.

Who would we have to talk to about adding something like this to
squeaksource?