Squeak on Linux server

Franz Josef Konrad fjk at sava-systeme.de
Wed Nov 22 10:15:04 UTC 2006

Some days ago I had to install VMware Workstation on a linux root
server. VMware Worsktation needs a X-server but my box even had no
graphic card. So I've used the virtual X-Server xvfb and connected via
VNC with X11vnc this box.

E.g. to start a xterm this way I did
/usr/X11R6/bin/Xvfb :1 -screen 0 1024x786x24 -fbdir /tmp :1
export DISPLAY=localhost:1; xterm &
x11vnc -display :1

and from remote connect with a VNC client my-ip-address:5900 to the
virtual X-Server.

This should also run with Squeak but I haven't tried it.
Perhaps this helps you.

Regards,
Franz Josef