SqueakMap Package Loader UI

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at laposte.net
Wed Nov 22 18:44:23 UTC 2006

Hi Brian,

> Also, which projects make this kind of effort obsolete or easier? I know
> about and like the Services/Commands framework and UI, and Tweak's
> menubar system, but don't know what they seek to replace. What I don't
> know is whether there is a simple menu-bar or other such system for
> easily setting up some shared-styled UI features that get the salient
> features right in front of the user instead of burying them in context
> menus.

if you are using 3.9, you may want to have a look at TestRunner
(included in 3.9). Lukas Renggli wrote it and it is very good I think.
It uses the new tool framework, ToolBuilder. I think this is the right
new way of implementing tool. It should be compatible with new frameworks.

Tell me when you trust your implementation, I will include it in
Squeak-dev image.

Thanks for your work.

Bye

--