mac carbon VM 3.8.14b3 pending

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Nov 22 19:58:49 UTC 2006

On 22-Nov-06, at 7:14 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

>> Is single mouse button behavior correct?
>
> Yes.

Ok, the problem is the browser, or the hardware driver for the mouse
etc, is changing the button pressed (say 2) into
button 1 press with modifier key. That is passed to me by the
browser, then we pass that to the VM, where it decides which
button was pressed based on the modifier keys. MMm perhaps another
set of tables is needed in the VM to handle browser mis-mapping.
Does this mouse come with software? If so how is it configured?

Let me ask if you run the VM standalone do the buttons work as expected?

>> Which cmd-key sequences in which browser.
>
> I'm using Safari. Cmd-m, Cmd-p, etc. invoke the browser's menu items.

I'm fairly sure the browser gets the cmd-key menu shortcuts before
the browser does, in fact I'll bet cmd-p is never passed
on to the plugin because the browser menu logic has eaten it for "print"

>>> SecurityPlugin paths appear not to be fixed, yet.
>>
>> What should they be?

Let me add the parms so you can specify them, then let whomever sort
out what they should be.

I'll post a new vm,plugin pair later tonight

> Should point into the user's library folder - named "My Squeak",
> and "private" maybe.
>
> IMHO the Right Place for these would be ~/Library/Application
> Support/Squeakland, the VM should be /Applications/Squeakland.app,
> and the image /Applications/Squeakland.app/Contents/Resources/
> SqueakPlugin.image.
>
> Not sure if everyone would agree on that, though, I won't fight the
> status quo too hard ;)
>
> - Bert -

===