mac carbon VM 3.8.14b3 pending

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Nov 23 20:58:45 UTC 2006

On Nov 23, 2006, at 19:02 , John M McIntosh wrote:

> On 22-Nov-06, at 12:22 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>
>> It's the build-in touch pad of a MacBook Pro - it generates a
>> button-2 click, which is equivalent to a MightyMouse right click
>> (or any 3-button-mouse's right click).
>
> I've added info.plist entries to remap mouse/modifer key input when
> running under the browser, versus standalone so that one
> can figure out what it should be when faced with fancy trackpads,
> or multi-button mice. Please fiddle with until correct.

Doesn't work. I set all SqueakBrowserMouseControlButton* to 1 but
still get the Ctrl-Menu for second button. I guess it is reported to
the VM as Ctrl-Click and you would have to strip the Ctrl modifier
before giving it to the image.

>>> Let me add the parms so you can specify them, then let whomever
>>> sort out what they should be.
>>
>> But they have to be relative to each User's home at least, an
>> absolute path won't cut it.
>
> I've posted a 3.8.14b6 VM to my idisk, via http://
> www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html that provides an entry for
> the untrusted directory, you can specify a ~ btw to resolve user
> directory paths.

Yay - this one loads projects without walkbacks :)

However, it seems to strip the last component of the path given - the
"My Squeak" part is missing. Also, we need the same for the secure
user directory - a non-admin user cannot write to /Applications.

> Lastly pending is logic to make the Full screen logic work, don't
> let me forget this.

Btw, I just noticed it does not work in Mail anymore. It was a fun
"feature" that you could press Cmd-i from the plugin and have the
image running in Mail. Not really useful, I know.

- Bert -