Release Team as Manager, the Rest of Us as Workers/Creators (was release team proposal)

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 24 19:33:34 UTC 2006

On 11/24/06, Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:
> I think it's time for all of us to really concentrate on thinking of the
> Release Team as managers and organizers rather than people who fix bugs
> and come up with new features and concepts.

Certainly.  In addition to what you said, I'll try to recruit people to work on
fixing bugs and encourage people who are coming up with new features and
concepts.  If I become the leader of the release team then I'll try to act as
a focal point for people who want to get involved with developing Squeak,
but I will tend to point them to someone else to work with rather than try
to assign work to them.

-Ralph