MorphicToolBuilderTests

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sat Nov 25 08:59:07 UTC 2006

On Nov 24, 2006, at 7:01 AM, Ralph Johnson wrote:

> I'm trying to make all the tests green in 3.9.  Hans-Martin Mosner got
> a lot cleaned up, and I'm looking at the rest.  The one that is giving
> me problems at the moment is MorphicToolBuilderTests>>testAddAction.
> This test is actually inherited from ToolBuilderTests.
>
> It dies because it sends the #receiver message to a symbol.  It pulls
> an "action" out of an "itemSpec" and thinks that it will be something
> with a receiver, but it is just a symbol.  To me, it looks like a bug
> in the test, but I don't know much about ToolBuilder.  Can somebody
> who knows a little about ToolBuilder take a look and tell me how to
> fix this?  Should we just delete #testAddAction from ToolBuilderTests?
> Can we fix the test?

The test was written before PluggableMenuItemSpec was implemented -
at the time, ToolBuilder used MenuItemMorphs, which can accept either
a selector or a MessageSend as an action. The test verifies that
selectors can be used as actions. Apparently when
PluggableMenuItemsSpec was implemented, it was designed to work only
with MessageSends.

Probably best just to delete the test.

Colin