MinimalMorphic report

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Nov 27 11:47:08 UTC 2006

Pavel Krivanek puso en su mail :

> Hi all,
>
> I'm slowly working on MinimalMorphic cleanup. The latest version
> (MinimalMorphicLoader-pk.17.mcz) has now 48 unimplemented methods.
> I've got an experimental image that has 24 unimplemented methods it
> needs some cleanup in the KernelImage code.
>
> How to build the image:
> 1) load http://www.comtalk.net/Squeak/uploads/98/KernelImage-MC-7067.zip
> 2) maximize the window evaluate code
> ((MCHttpRepository location: 'http://squeaksource.com/KernelImage'
> user: '' password: '') loadVersionFromFileNamed:
> 'MinimalMorphicLoader-pk.17.mcz') load.
> 3) evaluate MinimalMorphicLoader load
>
> You may report bugs on Mantis in project Squeak Packages, category
> MinimalMorpnic.
> In the beginning some DNUs are common because of missing last events etc.
>
> -- Pavel

For MinimalMorphic.7213.image, following this procedure , I confirm.

Smalltalk size 1274
Image size 7.y mb.
No problems on mac.
No problems for ChangeSet

The following is my proposal to Ralph, in ReleaseBuilder method form or you
could do in regular 7067 final.

makeSqueak3.10Release
    "
|  newVersion |
    World removeAllMorphs.
    Smalltalk
        at: #Player
        ifPresent: [:superCls | superCls
                allSubclassesDo: [:cls |
                    cls isSystemDefined
                        ifFalse: [cls removeFromSystem].
                    cls := nil]].
    Smalltalk garbageCollect.
     (MCPackage named: 'SMLoader') unload.
    TheWorldMenu removeObsolete. "this clear obsoletes for SMLoader".
    SmalltalkImage current fixObsoleteReferences.
 (MCPackage named: 'SMBase') unload.
    SmalltalkImage current fixObsoleteReferences.
(MCPackage named: 'Flash') unload.
    FileServices removeObsolete. "this clear obsoletes for Flash".
    SmalltalkImage current fixObsoleteReferences.
    (MCPackage named: 'StarSqueak') unload.
    SmalltalkImage current fixObsoleteReferences.
    (MCPackage named: 'Speech') unload.
    DataStream initialize.
    SmalltalkImage current fixObsoleteReferences.

    SystemOrganization removeEmptyCategories.
    Smalltalk garbageCollect.
    ScheduledControllers := nil.
    Behavior flushObsoleteSubclasses.
    3 timesRepeat: [Smalltalk garbageCollect].
SystemVersion current registerUpdate: SystemVersion current highestUpdate +
1.
    newVersion := '3.10alpha' , highestUpdate printString.

    SystemVersion newVersion: newVersion.
    SmalltalkImage current snapshot: true andQuit: false

Could all agree on grow MinimalMorphic to this setup or some what all work
on ?
I send a proposal to have all Test in one package for easy load/download ,
you got it ?

Edgar