Squeak and Namespaces

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Tue Nov 28 22:30:28 UTC 2006

Please consider an other character, other than the colon. Someone already
made a mistake when inventing resend.thisAndThat so that the compiler (and
the user) has to disambiguate the syntax, like in, example.doThisAndThat.

In Smalltalk colons belong to arguments and keywords, not to namespace
expressions. Remember the white space problem with the minus sign / minus
binary selector?

Besides of that, here's my +1

/Klaus

P.S. IMO it's overdue that · – — … and friends
make their way into regular syntax diagrams and parsers,

-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_XML_and_HTML_character_entity_references