Squeak and Namespaces

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Nov 27 22:31:05 UTC 2006

Hi!

Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2006, at 17:32 , Aaron Reichow wrote:
>
> > Ahoy!
> >
> > I know this might sound like a naive question... But why haven't we
> > implemented namespaces yet?  I'm sure there have been some
> > attempts- but what is the status of namespaces in Squeak?
>
> You can download the latest incarnation of Namespaces from Squeakmap
>
> 	http://map.squeak.org/package/f88f4752-c4a5-42bf-a613-f7d2a4f48cff
>
> There has been a lot of discussion, but I think most agree now that
> this is such a simple approach that it might be worth adopting.

Really? That would of course be very nice - but so far I haven't really
experienced an overwhelming interest from people holding the rudder (for
3.9 for example). I still think it is a great simple solution though.

> There
> is a presentation somewhere explaining it, I'm sure Göran will dig it
> out if nobody beats him to it.

Well, the homepage pointed at from SM has a few writeups, this is the
last one:

	http://swiki.krampe.se/gohu/32

regards, Göran

PS. Yes, I have a presentation in an image somewhere but it needs a
"presenter" running it.