Squeak and Namespaces

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Wed Nov 29 20:38:19 UTC 2006

On Nov 29, 2006, at 9:42 AM, stephane ducasse wrote:

> PS: I have been working with VW recently and I really found
> namespaces getting in my way all the time. Also the integration of
> namespaces
> in VW is badly supported at the refactoring level and other tools.
> So this is often a pain.

I agree with Andreas and Stef.
Working with Seaside in VW right now, I can find 3 (three!)
"versions" of Date in VW (Core.Date, Squeak.Date and Seaside.Date)!
It kind of sucks to have to extend Seaside.Date with date method
extensions already existing for Core.Date for this local shop.

Maybe namespaces of VW helped to get seaside ported to VW at all, but
I'd prefer to have an ongoing desire to unify classes, which _are_
intended to work the same.

Cheers,

Markus