[Q] [Q] StrikeFontSet display problem for separators in 3.8

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Mon Oct 2 09:46:15 UTC 2006

  Sungjin,

> I've found the source of the problem. When glyph of a character is
> requested and the character's ascii value is less than font's minimum
> ascii value, then ? is returned. This is why ? is displayed for tab or
> other special characters.

  Hmm.  while it is true, the Accujen fonts in 3.8-6665 are tweaked
so that they have 0 as their minAscii.

((StrikeFont allInstances) select: [:e | e familyName beginsWith: 'Accujen']) collect: [:f | f minAscii]
  => #(0 0 0 0 0 0)

  Now I can't point exactly, but the installation script of m17n
system has expression to change the minAscii value of fonts.

(and also...)

((StrikeFont allInstances) select: [:e | e familyName beginsWith: 'Accujen']) collect: [:f | f maxAscii]
  => #(255 255 255 255 255 255)

  Can you tell me a bit more to reproduce the problem?

-- Yoshiki