Plopp US/English?

David Faught dave.faught at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 12:51:20 UTC 2006

Michael Rueger wrote:
>Planned yes. You can order plopp on the German amazon.de site, don't
>know if they ship to the US though.
>
>BTW, does anyone have a suggestion for a different name for the English
>version? Seems the connotations of plopp aren't making it a suitable
>name in English ;-)

As interested as I am in supporting Squeak-based products, I can tell
you that the competition for my money is Cosmic Blobs
http://www.cosmicblobs.com/  The marketing and web site is very slick,
it is reasonably priced, and I am thinking that it may be a superior
technology in some respects.  Although I may buy the English version
of Plopp anyway, if and when it becomes available.  Has anyone done
anything with real-time metaballs modeling in Squeak?

As for an English name for Plopp, how about:

3D Playground, Kids 3D Sketching, Swell, Billow, No Huff No Puff,
Balloon 3D, Bear Bolster, 3D Pump, Pooch, Inflation Creation ...